Monday, November 14, 2011

2006

Today I found sleep, though chaos knows my given name.
you're gone, and the comfort lies in the knowledge that you'll be back.

It was almost too much to take in, when you rediscovered my planet.
I gave you harsh words for ever being gone, but this time, I watched with a non-chalant shrug and a secret smile as you hung your life upon my walls.
"welcome home" I sighed to myself.

Shame on me for letting you in once more,
like I could ignore your melodic knock at my door.

I can't say I can keep the promise I made to never again cry over you, but you're deep in my world for now, if not for forever.
I'll take what I can learn and let my world be changed by you. And maybe this time, when you go, empty won't be all that I know, because I took my fill of you.

But how odd,
to be at peace and at ease, when I know that love (in whatever form) has left it's mark on our door.

For despite what mothers say, or girlfriends relay,
Love does not always equal together, as together, does not equal forever.

But teach me to love, while I'm open to learn and I'll promis not to think so much or miss your touch when you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment