Saturday, October 15, 2011

Wash Away

washed away the day because it didn't go my way
washed away washed away
brush my teeth before I sleep, because there's not much left to say

pull back the sheets, slip in my feet, pray to the "lord" my soul to keep
but it's still just me, and me, I'm beat.
and none of this matters anyway...

when my day is done, and the race is run
I may not have won...today

And most days dont mind, got tomorrow on my mind,
but tonight I want it all to wash away
wash away

empty space where my finges fold,
the place reserved for his hand to hold
but he's left my fingers to fall where they lay
cold and lonely like today

close my eyes and count to ten
don't open til I can breath again
what is lost to me belongs to them
and the rest just wash away...

No comments:

Post a Comment