Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Favorite things

So I was thinking to myself yesterday, about how it's been a long while since I found Joy in random things and unexpected moments. I found this in my Journal. It's from about 4 or 5 years ago, so I'm leaving out references to the Ex, but the rest still holds true.  I just forgot to sit back and enjoy these things like I used to.

My favorite things:
The last few drinks of a blended coffee...always whipped cream. Playing morning games with Aidan. Getting letters in the mail. Walking barefoot in the grass. Hearing the ocean waves pulling stones away from the shore. Finishing a poem. Recognizing my new favorite song. Meeting new people from far away and finding what makes them awesome. Losing the butterflies and finding comfort. Feeling the butterflies again, along with the comfort. Playing my first ever song on the guitar even though it only consists of two chords. Kissing my mothers hair. Hearing that I'm beautiful from a stranger for no reason at all. Singing in the shower.  Coffee in bed. Beer in the tub.
Walking in the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment