Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blessed domestication and other fairy tales

Today is the first day in months that I have most of the day to do what I will. I of course feel obligated to get things in order for school to start next week. However, I'm finding it difficult to muster the motivation to get moving.

I'm one of those self diagnosed ADD individuals that like things clean and orderly and routine, yet am baffled  by how to make it happen. I stare at my trailing list of things to do and I balk like a deadbeat dad in the face of child support enforecement. It's awesome.

So forgive me as I stretch this post out while I enjoy my coffee and Slacker Radio.  The kiddo knows that when mom is typing she's in time out.

Tonight my younger Lady Cousin is getting her hitch on.  We have children close to the same age, though now she has a second awesome baby cousin riding her tail.  Things are working out for her just like she hoped and this girl is super stoked for her.  There is something about weddings that could make even ghandi insecure. I am single mostly by choice. My choice being that I find good times on my own and refuse to be with a d-bag.  Sometimes I try to picture myself married and another 9 months or so of being a mobile incubator. All I can say is it would take a damn incredible man to convince me cohabitation is not a method of torture. But then I'm a closet idealist. If such a man existed...I wouldn't take much convincing.

No comments:

Post a Comment