Sunday, August 28, 2011

"Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?" "I think so Brain, but burlap chafes me so!"

It's really difficult to form thoughts with the Animaniacs playing in the background. Half of me wants to throw the t.v. off the balcony and the other half wants to sit down and watch the entire episode and attempt to decipher what my son finds appealing.

This d.v.d needs to mysteriously dissapear.

So I survived my cousins wedding. It was a back yard affair with hay bails and lifted pickup trucks. Lots of homemade eats and beer being consumed while waiting for the cerimony to commence. It was casual and fun, with a perplexing mix of humanity in attendance.  The bride was beautiful and happy and real. Sometimes when women put on a wedding dress, it's hard to spot them under the foof and flowers...but there she was. Smilin' big and hootin' her way down the aisle to her man. Her mom confided to me the day before that my cousin was waiting for someone just like her step-dad. And she found him alright. Sweet and goofy and totally aware that his bride was utterly amazing. I spent the cerimony planted in the middle of the aisle with a video camera trying to capture everyone's expressions, and the look on his face was proof of that. He knew he'd hit the jackpot. I mean, I had to wipe the couple's slobber off the camera lense for pete's sake!

My cousin has always been a person I admired. She is charismatic to the max. I mean, wow! This girl has personality. She is hilarious and has brought me close to needing a new change of drawers more than a few times. And not only is she fun...she is downright sickeningly sweet.  I can't recall a time I've heard the girl gossip or make a snide remark.  She is comfortable with herself and lives her life admirably. Her two children couldn't have chosen a more loving mother.

This has got to be the first wedding I've left with a bit of optimism about the possibility of finding someone who might be a match to my own crazy/awesomeness someday. Stranger things have happened I suppose...

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that you are one of the most awesome and beautiful woman on the planet, even though u con me into doing the most embarrasing outlandish things ever. I do it to see u smile to see you laugh your ass off at your big brother "once again falling for the okeydoke". My point is that I also see the other side. I have faith that one day u are gonna meet someone and they are going to have the look in their eyes that u captured at our awesome cousin's wedding (love u and miss u rachelle). i love u sis! And the little monster too lol

    ReplyDelete