Monday, September 3, 2012

A Mother's Song

The day's stretched long and bittersweet
lay down your head son, tuck in your feet
and I'll sing for you a mothers song

you came to me like thunder
a force carrying gifts of joy and wonder
I was timid before you came
but now I carry a mothers flame

it burns bright with love for you

when you sleep if your dreams turn cold
remember to be brave, be bold
your dreams are yours to shape and mold
and will show you the man you want to be

if you wake at night and I'm not near
rid yourself of doubt, cast out your fear
in the dark the shape of your soul becomes clear
and you'll know what you're capable of

Never hide your smile or forget to laugh
always love without holding back
be prepared for your heart to break
and never regret a choice you make

Live big and loud like the thunder you are
see all you can, travel far
find what makes you happy deep in your soul
and hold it tight don't let it go

 And always remember
I was timid before you came
but now I carry a mother's flame

and it burns bright with love for you










No comments:

Post a Comment